A Nearby God

On April 23, the morning of my birthday, Father God asked me a question using a Scripture found in Jeremiah.

“Am I a God at hand, declares the LORD, and not a God far away?
Jeremiah 23:23

As I reflected on that passage I smiled…because I could answer with a resounding YES. All my life He has been a nearby God, not a distant one.
That fact alone I am very grateful for.

Below is a short, gritty video I made for a sermon series called “Scars” preached by my good friend Pastor Justin Senesi of New Life Community Church in Indiana. He asked me to record my testimony for this series and the video my son and I recorded in about 10 minutes is honest and open about what I went through. (You can listen to the whole sermon here, it’s the one for 4-11-10). This gritty, unedited video gives testimony to God being near during a horrible time in my life and the great faithfulness in restoring me along the way.

Peace,
Jay

“For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.” Matthew 6:14

 

Testimony,Jesus,scars

Comments

jasonS said…
Wow, Jay. What a miracle God has done. It's just like God to take someone who has experienced such horrible and unnecessary things from their own father and put a passion in them to see godly fathers arise. I'm glad the scars don't define us, and that He redefines the scars...
Unknown said…
Thanks Jason, my Father has been so very good to me. Bless ya bro'
Jay
S. Etole said…
This is so worthy of comment but words fail me ... thank God for His faithfulness.
Unknown said…
S. Etole...thank you...He is faithful!

Popular Posts