Please Sir, I want some More

story “You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six.”  - Yogi Berra

Sometimes I feel like I’m dieting, it’s a sort of spiritual slim-fast type of thing. The strange thing about this diet is that every morning I am presented with a fabulous banquet before me. Still, I’m on this diet. Now this banquet has all my favorites, every one of them. Not only does it have all my favorites, it also has everything I need for growth, and my spiritual health. However, I’ve somehow convinced myself that I only need a nibble of this spread every morning, that I can sustain myself on this diet.

You see, everyday the Father prepares a table before me (and in the presence of my enemies), full of all I need. Mercy, grace, salvation, healing, restoration, and so much more. Every portion is full, piping hot and never runs out!

Oh how He wants us to feast, to take every full plate and finish. To take bread, wipe the plate clean and ask for more. It’s a banquet, meant for feasting, not a table for nibbling and pushing the full plate away. Trying to grab a handful to take with us as we hurry on our way just won’t do either. For the Father says it’s time to sit down at His table, lingering to take in His nourishment, all of it. The feast is not about getting, it’s about receiving, sharing and communion, making the most of the time spent with Father. It’s a place of honor and a place to honor, a place to be served and a place to serve.

Our place at the table is reserved; let us feast on the richness of His presence. No diet, no nibbling, and no grabbing something on the run. Let’s linger and and feast at His table.

“Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.”  Matthew 5:1-8

Blessings,
Jay

Comments

jasonS said…
Thanks Jay. You made me smile... and you made me hungry--for more of God's goodness.
S. Etole said…
Lingering at His banqueting table is a somewhat foreign thought in our fast-paced, fast food society.
Unknown said…
Thanks Jason and S.Etole...your comments encourage me greatly!

Bless ya!
Jay

Popular Posts