God Has Your Number

Just wanted to share some thoughts I pulled from my sermon from Father’s Day (you can listen to it on the right on my sermon gadget thingy) I pray that these simple thoughts will be a blessing. - Jay

stars

“As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured; so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.” Jeremiah 33:22

“How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them! (18) If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: When I awake, I am still with thee.” Psalm 139:17-18

 

sand Scientist have guessimated that there is 7.5 billion, billion grains of sand in the world…BTW, half of that ended up in my van during this past vacation.

God knows how many grains of sand there are on this planet and wherever it may exist in the universe. He knows the history of each grain, what rock it is made from, what conditions led to its sand nature. He knows where it began and where it’s going…amazing isn’t it?

Let’s talk about stars for a moment…there are about 100 thousand million stars in the Milky Way alone…and we can see only around 3,000 of them with the naked eye.

“He appoints the number of the stars; He calls them all by their names.”
Psalm 147:

God has your number and He knows your name…

“But now so says Jehovah who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel; Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine.” Isaiah 43:1

There are 6.6 billion people on the face of this planet and you are one of those numbers but you are more than a number to Him. You may be 4,731 but you are Jim, you are Dusty, Ginny…He knows your name, your history….where you been, where you’re going. The storms that have shaped and molded you…He know what you’re made of.

God know just how many stars there ought to be and he has named them all! His creation is very personal to God. If Father God knows the name of the stars in every corner of the universe. If He knows the history of every grain of sand…in all the deserts, on all the beaches, in every sandbox. If these parts of His creation are so important to Him that takes such inventory…do you realize just how valuable you are to Him?

Do you?

Technorati Tags: ,,

Comments

jasonS said…
It's humbling, marvelous, and truly wonderful. No matter how much we contemplate these truths, I know it's not enough. Thanks Jay...
Jay Cookingham said…
Humbling indeed Jason...when I was throwing those numbers out on Sunday people starting crying...they were making the connection...so beautiful to see.
Joanne Norton said…
I'm learning. Has taken time. Isn't it going to be interesting when we are in or on our way to heaven and get to see all those stars and all those bright pieces that seem to go on forever? Occasionally I just sit back and think of how wonderful it will be to be looking down and over [or however it works] and seeing the Heavenly Father's creation.

Neat message.
Jay Cookingham said…
I'm still learning myself and you're right, we have seen the best yet! Thanks Joanne!

Peace,
Jay

Popular Posts