Crazy Little Thing Called Love

 

“You can see God from anywhere if your mind is set to love and obey Him” -Tozer

I want you to Remember…

Remember the first time you realized that God, the creator of everything, was real and actually loved…you? Remember when the name of Jesus struck you so deep inside that you had to respond to His voice immediately? Did you weep? Did you laugh with joy? Were you silent as the shackles of sin and shame were removed from your life? Do those memories of your first love…move you still?

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them." 1 JOHN 4:16

This is where I find myself tonight…how much do I REALLY love my God, my Messiah? The past few months I thought my struggles, my challenges were about questions of faith. No, they were questions about love.

My friend and spiritual dad Frank (I’ve shared a few times about him here and here) wrote me today and shared a podcast he thought would speak to me…he was right. Here’s his note….

Jay, just a quick note to let you know that I am praying for you, for God’s clear directions, open doors for His glory.  I am sensing a new and holy boldness in Him to be His vessel as He sees fit.  You are a worthy vessel for His use because He has is and will continue to transform you into more of His image day by day, as you continue above all to come before Him, abide in Him and serve Him will all that He has given to you.  I would ask a favor of you my brother, more than that I would ask that you commit to listening to the short message on “Your First Love” (have attached the url).  As you step out, and as He opens doors and you see His marvelous working through your life keep this message in the core of your heart.  Love you and so excited to seeing all that He has planned for you and each of your family members.  All for His wonderful glory!!
Blessings, Frank

Frank was encouraging me that whatever service I do for the King needs to be driven by love…His love. The passion for my call fueled both by love for my Father and by the love of the Father. This is the question God has been asking of my heart…

Jay…do you love me? Do you remember?

So, I feel so strongly about this and I’m going to share this link with you. It’s called “Your First Love” and it’s about 30 minutes. Can I encourage you to listen and return to comment about it here? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Blessings,
Jay

LiveJournal Tags: ,

Comments

Popular Posts