New Day Calling


wpc-button

This poem is part of The Warrior Poet Circle hosted by fellow warrior poet and friend Jason at Endless Impact. Head on over and read the all the warrior posts!
Blessings, Jay

 

 

New Day 
New Day Calling

Light fades from sight
All is dark and sightless
My eyes, burning to see the way
A step of faith changes the pitch of black
I hear a voice calling me to a new day

I find myself in fullness of light
My eyes relieved
Here, in the moisture of a new day
the calling remains

Jay Cookingham 2011 ©

LiveJournal Tags: ,,

Comments

Dusty Rayburn said…
Finding myself in fullness of light is always an awe inspiring, worship evoking, life altering experience...
Jay Cookingham said…
Thanks Dusty...I agree whole heartedly!
jasonS said…
What a glorious thing it is to be called into a new day! Thank you Jay. Love this.
Jay Cookingham said…
Thanks Bro'...had to dust off the old poet but it was fun!
Tony Alicea said…
My favorite line was:

"My eyes, burning to see the way"
Jay Cookingham said…
Thanks Dude...I appreciate that!
Glynn Young said…
I like what you do with "light" -- it's more than a metaphor, for we are called out of darkness into the light. Beautiful poem, Jay.
Jay Cookingham said…
That's a high compliment coming from you bro'...I consider you the chief master poet among us! Thanks Glynn...I do appreciate your comment!

Popular Posts