River Song

 

Hudson_river 
And wherever the river goes, every living creature that swarms will live, and there will be very many fish. For this water goes there, that the waters of the sea may become fresh; so everything will live where the river goes. Ezekiel 47:9

I spent a few hours by myself today, down by the Hudson River (pictured above), just a brief drive from my house. I went there to mediate and enjoy the beauty of God's creation...I was surprise how God choose to speak to me there,

First, there was a lot of letting go...my mind had to de-tangle the knots of everydayness, my spirit needed to remove itself from the noise of the now. Yes...letting go...bunches of it.

You don't "try" to enjoy God's beauty...you respond to the music of it. Enjoyment comes from our response and participation to the song of God in nature...His music of creativity. Listening to the song of the river today I hear the Master's voice. In every gentle wave at my feet I heard these words.

Waves of mercy...waves of grace...
Overlapping your sorrow, washing your feet...
I'm bigger than all your hold...let go and flow with me

I came to the river, not feeling burdened or troubled, yet God spoke to those areas. Rather, He sung to those places through the beauty of His creation! The artist in me responded to the...ARTIST in me, the Father of all creation.

How did I respond?

With worship...with wonder...and a song of my own.

Do you hear the music? Do you hear God's song? Take a break and take a listen...

God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17

 

LiveJournal Tags: ,,,

Comments

Caryjo said…
Sometimes I think we must think alike.... if it wasn't for those side-times, away from the constant "needs, needs, needs", seeing His glorious and beautiful creative elements -- even in our less-than-perfect world --- I'd probably be ready to hide in a corner somewhere until He'd come and get me.  Wonderful when He sings to us and gives us the song to sing back to Him.
Jay Cookingham said…
It's wonderful to hear His song isn't it? We just need to slow down enough to listen...Bless you Caryjo!

Popular Posts