Fatherhood Fusion - Father's Day Post

 

 

bannerFH copy

My brothers, you’re a generational being. In your God ordained genetic code, in your make up, and the person you are, is the power to affect the future. You have reach, sway, and influence for future events. You are an impacting, imparting force to be reckoned with. The way you live your life today produces a chain reaction that affects the generational landscape of your family.

“You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, (6) but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.”
Exodus 20:5-6 (ESV)

That’s generational significance – making our “now” matter for the future. Intentionally living out the call on our lives as Dads every single moment we carry breath in out lungs.

When the Father imparts His character into us, we can feel the power and purpose released in our lives. His nature impacts the everyday service of fathers, which indeed is generation in scope, making our fathering a powerful force in shaping lives.

I remind you, I encourage you…you are the man for the job, you have what it takes because you have Him…and He has you.

I have a small nation of seven that I am ultimately responsible for, and they are my greatest challenge to father but they are not the only ones. I take my role of Daddy very seriously and know that I must succeed at home before all else. Josh, Sarah, Matt, Mike, Daniel, Isaac and Becky deserve the best dad that God can make of me. However, my influence as “Father” goes beyond that arena, not in importance but in need.

I have seen God “father” grown men through me, men older than me. Not because I have it all together but because the Father of all wants to impart His great love to human hearts and Fathering is the best vehicle. The need is great; people of all ages need the release, the redemption, and the redirection a father can give.

This is a call that goes beyond biological and generational boundaries; it is a focused, purposeful call to demonstrate the Father’s love. It’s a call of releasing, of an apostolic building up of people, and a visionary expression of His own heart. It’s not just about raising children but lifting the eyes of sons and daughters to see all God has for them.

That’s Father Fusion…that’s generational

Happy Father’s Day everybody!

 

LiveJournal Tags: ,,

Comments

floyd said…
Awesome and powerful post Jay. Wow. As much as I am called to the role of encourager by our Father, I'm lifted up by your gift from God of encouragement today. Thank you my friend. God bless and Happy Fathers Day to you too.
Jay Cookingham said…
Your keep exercising that gift bro' because we all need it! Your encouraging will have generation results for sure. Thanks Floyd!
Jay Cookingham said…
I know you have touched on a little about the pain connected with the separation with your sons but your influence is not over yet. Praying for you my friend!
Michael said…
I agree! As you know, Jay, I'm estranged from my own sons. It's terribly sad but... I have the opportunity (as you rightly point out) to impact them and the generations after them through the way I live my life NOW. We can pass along rich spiritual blessings through the unfathomable riches of Christ as we follow him and the Father of us all!
Duane Scott said…
" deserve the best dad that God can make of me."

I love where you place your strength.
Jay Cookingham said…
It's the only way bro'...the only way I can. Bless ya!

Popular Posts