Trust

 

 

momsday smaller-1

My wonderful bride is not a limelight seeker (or any other flavor), she prefers the background and the "behind the scenes" ministry. Unlike her husband, she's uncomfortable standing in front of a crowd and would rather share her heart over a cup of tea with someone. When I asked her if she would speak on Mother's Day she readily agreed and despite her unease, proceeded to expose part of the Father's heart yet seen to many of us. I can almost guarantee you will be blessed if you take the time to listen to this reflection on trust...I know I was.

http://bbcchurch.sermon.net/main/main/20076334

 

del.icio.us Tags: ,,,,

Comments

Bill (cycleguy) said…
You and I both have wives of the same ilk. However, she stunned me and others a couple of years ago when she spoke on MD (along with several other women) about life as a pastor's wife. The tears and the pride flowed.
jasonS said…
Great! I think some of the best sermons I've heard have been from people who didn't think of themselves as preachers. I love preachers, but there's something special about someone who will step out in faith to release a word. Look forward to listening, Jay. Thanks. :)
floyd said…
Wow. Your wife is a great speaker with great wisdom. We all have fear and trust issues, and relying on a person to take the place of God will only bring about more strife as our Father brings us to wisdom. If wisdom is more precious than the silver and gold, how much value should we place on the famines of our lives? That's a perspective changer...


God bless you and your family, Jay. You've been blessed mightily.


Leave it to you to name a rabbit Samson... !
Jay Cookingham said…
Thanks for the kind words my friend...my wife is a gifted speaker as you say but a reluctant one! As for the bunny, the name came from my youngest daughter Becky...I would have named it Roger. ;-)
Jay Cookingham said…
I agree brother and for my wife it was a huge step of faith for her...and I think she knocked it out of the park!
Jay Cookingham said…
Sounds like it was a wonderful word my friend!

Popular Posts