Conspiracy of Love

The end of 2009 has not been kind to the Cookingham clan. Since my wife’s heart attack in August (she doing very well now, thank you) the family economy has plummeted into its own recession with a combination of dying cars, broken furnaces, cranky dryers and other appliance melt downs. Add the medical bills, the worry of my wife’s health and my own weariness, I was/am feeling like I been through a war. Christmas seemed like a distant echo of “good tidings of great joy”…although I desperately needed some.

Then, one morning I started singing…

A thrill of hope The weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks A new and glorious morn.

A weary world rejoices…not an energized world, but a weary, tired, worn-out one. In my battle fatigued heart I could rejoice, I needed to rejoice! 2000 years ago the Father set up a beachhead in a lowly stable, invading the world with His conspiracy of love. He pushed back the veil of darkness with the light of His son Jesus, definitely a new and glorious morn.

The truth is (and always has been) that we are at war with the enemy of our souls, I feel it and so do you. It claws at us, attempting to drag us off into the darkness of despair, worry and fear. This enemy wants us to die. He wants us dead to possibilities, dead to promise and dead to relationship with God, it is a huge battle. The enemy fears people that are truly alive.

The glory of God is man fully alive – St. Ireneus

The glory of God is man fully alive, but to be fully alive is living a life that glorifies Father God. My victory is sure, the birth, the life, the death and resurrection of Jesus has secured it forever. The thrill of hope is not always measured in feeling but in faith and that causes my heart to rejoice. Repeating these words (and their meaning) over and over in my heart embed me in the conspiracy of love.

For unto us…

For God so loved, He gave…

lo, I am with you always…

Christmas will be simpler in my home this year, with fewer gifts under the tree than seasons past. The pile of bills may just be higher than the pile of presents, still that will not quiet the truth in our hearts. Father God has given the greatest gift of all and it’s all ours. It’s all a matter of preparation and being ready.

Joy to the World, the Lord is come!
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare Him room,

And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven, and Heaven, and nature sing.

Merry Christmas all!
Jay

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Jay,

Hope you guys can rest together in His love this
Christmas. He'll take care of the rest. Thanks for the inspiring words.

- Al
Hazel Donovan said…
You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
car removal logan
cash for cars caboolture
Anonymous said…
Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for old cars sydney
cash for scrap cars toowoomba
Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for scrap cars
cash for unwanted cars
Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
accidental car removal sydney
car disposals sydney
Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
cash for cars ipswich
cash for cars caboolture
cashforcarsremoval brisbane said…
I just want to say that it’s wonderful content every word is unique every word is written in a precious way you did it great. We are cash for cars removal Brisbane we purchase your vehicle and give you money if you want to know about our services then visit us know currumbin wreckers

Popular Posts