"I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands." - Psalm 143:5

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Elder (Life) Prayer



Tomorrow I step back into Eldership at my church, (Bridge Builders Community Church) and while I still covet your prayers, I want to share one with you. This is the prayer that the Father gave me this morning after reading Acts 17...the explanation for how it relates to the prayer will have to wait for another post. The role of elder is just another servant muscle for God to flex in and through me...that's a good thing.

I'm praying that the muscles that God is flexing in you will have maxium impact on your life and all you touch.

Blessings, Jay


Father,

I need you. Eldership is more than a position or title, it's an extension of your heart
through me to all your children. Express your love and delight through all I do in your name.

My King, I need you. I need your sovereign rule and reign in my life. When I bend my knee to you I am better gifted to serve. The spirit of humbleness I need is only found at your feet in worship.

My Savior, I need you. Without a Messiah I am lost, desperate for hope. This is the message and the prayer of my life...let your life live through mine.

Amen
blog comments powered by Disqus