Tugged

 

tugged1

I seriously doubt my leadership ability at times and wonder about how uninspiring my message can seem. Strange… isn’t that a pastor’s job? To be inspiring and lead a great charge across the landscape of the enemy, winning the battle and the day?

Perhaps not…

I fret, pray, dream, sweat and lay awake at nights just pondering the effectiveness of my life and the impact it has on others. I dive into Scripture, talk to men far wiser than I and wrestle with questions like a cage fighter on steroids.

My heart seems in a perpetual state of being tugged.

That’s the haunting reality of being a visionary…pulled in one direction…tugged in another. Trying your best to submit to Father God’s leading at one moment…possibly running away in the next. We visionaries can be a chore to understand and deal with, we often see things that are…well, not there…yet. Which means we may get annoyed that others aren’t as excited about something that seems so real to us but may be as faint as a mirage to them.

This is where faith needs to step in…and helps me understand the tug.

“To the best of my understanding, faith is trusting God enough to obey what He has said, and hope is having the confidence that God will do everything He has promised. One pushes you; the other pulls you.” Erwin McManus

This push me, pull me, tugging sensation is the tension of following Christ, abandoning my selfish desires and pursuing His and His alone. It’s the leading of the Holy Spirit, placing us, positing us and aligning our will with the Father’s. What we see…or don’t see is not as important as what we know.

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1

That’s the substance that a visionary like me needs…how’ll about you? Where has faith tugged you lately?

 

del.icio.us Tags: ,,,

Comments

Bill (cycleguy) said…
I'm not really sure Jay. I know He is tugging. I keep wondering what He has in store. He has not shown or revealed it to me just yet. Great post btw.
Unknown said…
Then I'll be praying for vision release brother. Thanks Bill!
jasonS said…
I know exactly what you mean, Jay (on all accounts). And my family and I are being pulled in a faith direction even beyond what we were walking in before! Faith to faith, I guess. :) Thanks for the encouragement.
Jay Cookingham said…
Thanks brother...I'll be praying that the Father reveals the tug!
Jay Cookingham said…
The tug is strong with you! Praying for you Jason, for direction and wisdom!
TCAvey said…
Well said, I continuously feel this way. I'm so glad that He does push, pull and tug me because there are times I'm running to go where He wants, days I'm excited for what's in store and then there are other times I feel inadequate and fear tries to steal my joy and kill my faith. But God is greater than all emotions. He is my reality. My rock.
Like you said, it can also be difficult when others around me don't see the things that seem very clear to me.
Jay Cookingham said…
It's great to have a solid place to stand in the midst of al the push me, pull me times...thanks TC!

Popular Posts