Freelance Knight

 

 

medieval-knights copy

Iron In a few days I'll be heading to Carlisle PA to speak at the Iron Sharpens Iron Men's Conference. This will be my second round of ISI conferences (I spoke at 2 last year) and each one is an awesome and humbling event. The fact that I am invited surprises me when you considered the heavy hitters of men ministry that are usually gathered there. As a speaker I pay my own way there (thankfully my church covers all costs) so in some ways, I feel like a freelance knight.

A lightweight spear is also called a lance. In the middle ages, a knight who could be hired to fight in different battles was referred to as a free lance. Later this word play came to mean anyone who did work for hire.

The “Iron Sharpening Iron” process is indeed the work of knights in the service of the King, I am "hired" by the Father and sent on a mission to help rescue the hearts of men. I am a FREE lance knight...freed by the sacrifice of my King to become a son.

"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God' John 1:12,13

Everyday the Father is asking us to do the same...be His FREE agents and introduce lost sons to the Messiah…it’s our Father’s will.

I'll be speaking Saturday afternoon around 1:00 PM. Please pray that men's hearts are touch by the Father as I share His heart with them.

 

Comments

Bill (cycleguy) said…
I already know I will be busy with my grandson at that time and that day so i will pray for you tomorrow morning (and any other time I think of it).
Michael Kimball said…
Sheila and I prayed for you and Christine this morning and will be continuing in thankful prayer for the two of you throughout your adventure!
Jay Cookingham said…
Thanks you wonderful people you! Praying for you Michael as you bring the Father's words this Sunday!
Jay Cookingham said…
Thanks my brother, you are the best!
jasonS said…
Amen! Praying for you, brother. Have an amazing trip and minister in the grace and truth of the Savior! Blessings to you, Jay. :)

Popular Posts