Screw up

My philosopher son Isaac, now nine, gives me great things to think about. On a recent vacation to the Outer Banks, NC he mad a great observation. His grandfather had given him the assignment of tightening all the wood screws in the deck furniture that needed it. With great eagerness he went work, after a little while he came up to me and said, “Dad, I like screwing things up!” When I stopped laughing I started to realize a simple truth in what Isaac said. To me “screwing things up” is a bad thing, something I’m familiar with. To my son the same phrase meant something totally different and was a pleasant moment. Sometimes, we need to look at situations in a different light; we might be surprised at what we find. Our mistakes are huge opportunities to grow and become stronger as we let the Spirit mold us.

Blessings,
Jay

Open my eyes so that I may behold wondrous things. Psalm 119:18

Comments

Popular Posts