I wrote this a few years ago for my kids, something I try to live up to everyday. It’s also one of the seminars I’m developing for a men’s retreat. So, what do you think? Have you made similar commitments/promises to your kids?
- I am committed to love you always.
- I am committed to display my love for you and openly show my favor with words and deeds.
- I am committed to lead by example and help you grow in the character of Christ.
- I am committed to help prepare you to be a person of purity in heart, body and soul.
- I am committed to know you, your dreams, gifts, and help you explore your God given abilities.
- I am committed to help you confront and conquer your fears and weaknesses.
- I am committed to love and honor your mom all the days of my life.
© 2010 Jay Cookingham