Making a Statement
On the heels of yesterday’s post (do post have heels?) about a personal creed , I decided to post the Cookingham Mission Statement. I wrote this in 2001 and have tried my best to flesh this out everyday since. What do you think? Is it a good exercise to write a mission statement for your family or is it over thinking the process? Love to hear your thoughts!'
Cookingham Mission Statement
As your parents we will strive to always:
• Love you as individuals created by God, unique, special and equipped by Him.
• Know you, your unique personality, gifts, strengths, weaknesses, desires and goals.
• Train you in the love of God and service to Him.
• Teach you the skills for life, academically, financially, relationally and spiritually.
• Pray for you faithfully, listen to you carefully, teach you diligently, and enjoy you fully.
• Have Jesus as Lord of our home, the Bible as our foundation and love our ultimate goal.
• Know that you are created and loved by God, know Jesus as Lord and the importance of following after Him.
• Know that the Bible is the Word of God and cultivate a love for the scriptures.
• Know that Mommy and Daddy love each other and love you.
• Know that it is important to be a person of character, hope, faith and love.
• Know that it is important to be a person who respects the gift of life in yourself and others.
• Know that it is important to be a person of purity, in heart, body and deed.
• Know that it is important to be a person of action, willing to serve, enjoying the process.