Overcoming your stuff

 

This will be a crazy week, so much life going on, and so many battles to fight on so many levels. So Soulfari may be a little quiet this week as I continue to seek God for answers on how to lead my family through some tough stuff. As I seek Him to help me prepare and bring the next three weeks of sermons on freedom. As I continue to pray for you and others the Father brings to my mind and heart.

I woke up early this AM with this Scripture on my mind....

I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." John 16:33

We're all going through stuff, some more difficult than others, and there are days when our stuff seems to be winning over us. Can I encourage you (us) that the Father knows, the Father cares and the Father loves us through all this stuff! His son has overcome the world...can He not help us overcome the world of stuff that we face?

Praying for you…Jay

BTW

4free copyIf you want to listen (and have about 30 mins) here is the first sermon from the series on freedom. It’s about finding your voice. Just use the sermon player on the right of my media page at strategicfathering.com

 

In this sermon I mention an answer to my hearts cry and how God is releasing my voice. Starting August 1st, on the Sound of Life radio network, a daily two minute spot, geared towards encouraging men, will be aired. Yours truly is the host of that small program…God has blessed me with a huge opportunity and I am grateful.

neweb banner If you need a small chuckle…here is the latest from Lambo and Chop…who are clearly having issues of their own.

 

del.icio.us Tags: ,,

Comments

Bill (cycleguy) said…
Praying for you through your stuff Jay. Hope that stuff includes a trip to Indiana this August. :)
Jay Cookingham said…
Thanks Bill...still trying to make that meeting happen bro'! Looking forward to that!
Dusty Rayburn said…
Praying with ya brother.
Jay Cookingham said…
Knew that you would bro'! Thanks!
Can't wait to settle in later tonight and listen to your voice! Praying.
Jay Cookingham said…
Thanks Sandra, so appreciate that...I hope it blesses you!
sheila@longingsend.com said…
Praying for you and the fam, Jay. Blessings...
Jay Cookingham said…
Thanks Sheila...and we're praying for you guys. The transition time you and Michael are walking through is a wild one. Can't wait to see what God will do!
floyd said…
I'm praying for you as well. With all you're doing for His kingdom you'll be facing your tough times. You're an encouragement Jay. Thanks.
Jay Cookingham said…
Ah brother, I appreciate that and you dude!
jasonS said…
Praying for you too, Jay. I look forward to listening to the first sermon. Thank you, brother. :)
Jay Cookingham said…
Thanks Jason...this is a first time I'm preaching the 4 sermons in a row. It sure is a adventure!

Popular Posts