Warriors


 

fathersday 2014 smaller-1

This past Sunday on Father's Day, our church decided to switch things up a bit. We decided to have a council of dads (3 to be exact) answer a few questions about fatherhood and being men in general. As I interviewed this men, in between the laughter and light heartedness, I discovered the richness of their stories and their grip on Father God's heart.

Their story is all our story, ordinary guys serving an God who wants to be Father God to us all. I hope you'll listen and ponder the questions for yourself...and leave an answer here if you would. It would be awesome to hear more of your story as well...God bless!

Listen Here: http://bbcchurch.sermon.net/main/main/20108033

Also...here is my Father's Day reflection, just a few quick thoughts!

 

 

Comments

marthaorlando said…
I listened to the service and watched your awesome video, Jay. I bounced between laughter and tears, and reflected deeply on the importance of fathers and how they model the love of our Father for His children. My own dad passed away in March. This was a most difficult Father's Day for me, but I wanted you to know that listening here has helped me to grieve some more for him and to celebrate what a wonderful, kind and loving dad he was. Thank you for this gift, my friend. It absolutely made my day.
Blessings always!
Jay Cookingham said…
Thanks for your kind words Martha and I am so glad that Father God spoke through this to you. Praying for your journey of healing sister, bless you!
marthaorlando said…
Thank you, Jay! Your prayers were felt tonight, and much appreciated. Cannot thank you enough.
jasonS said…
Listening to the service now. Thanks Jay and happy Father's Day to you!
Jay Cookingham said…
And a late Happy Father's Day to you! How's the new gig going?

Popular Posts