Because you need to know (Repost)

 

I’ve been so busy with finishing my book (done), writing up proposal packages (done), and rejecting a contract to said book (done)…that Soulfari has sat quietly for a little while. I decided to repost this because I think that in the middle of life’s pulls and pushes we need to know…really know….

The Father chose us!

“Though our feelings come and go, God’s love for us does not.” C.S. Lewis

“You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and ordained you that you should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain; that whatever you shall ask of the Father in My name, He may give it to you.” John 15:16

I like the word chosen, don’t you? It means handpicked, selected, preferred and claimed by someone. For us, that someone is God and chosen by God is a good thing. A chosen one can clearly see the relational status they have with God. It’s a humble position because we also see that we did not, could not make it happen on our own. We didn’t choose…He did! Fruit grows and remains (or endures) because of love we gain from understanding our Father’s heart. Walking closely with the Father will do that for a chosen person.

Do you KNOW that you’re a chosen one? You need to know…you’re chosen and you are loved. A divine romance indeed.

“And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him” 1 John 4:16

 

LiveJournal Tags: ,

Comments

jasonS said…
Jay, this has truly made all the difference in my life and walk with God. When I accepted I could do nothing to earn His love and He loved me before I ever failed, sinned, messed up, etc.--in fact, that He saw all that and still allowed Jesus to die in place--it changed everything. Living any other way is too exhausting, and He calls us to rest. Thanks Jay and I love that song.
Dustin said…
That Wickham video/song is awesome.
Jay Cookingham said…
Wickham is wicked good isn't he tho'
Jay Cookingham said…
Jason what a great place to love bro'! His love is amazing! Thanks Bro'

Popular Posts