31 Years


For 31 years she has said yes to an adventure that sometimes seems purposed to drive joy from her heart. She has followed the most unlikely hero on the face of the planet with undeterred faith in his heart and purpose.  This woman, with such a depth of character and beauty, has turned his heart into a beating frenzy of compassion. Warming the coldness that once resided there with absolute acceptance and belief he could be the hero she saw in him.

I do not call myself a hero… my wife does.

31 years of marriage has repaired the cape, negated the effects of my own personal kryptonite (self-worth), and torn down the fortress of solitude hidden deep within my spirit. I have become more powerful because I am married to one of the strongest hearts on earth.

Make no mistake, Christine is no side-kick, she is my hero.

The intensity and intentionality of our covenant together is a superpower of focused love and commitment.  Our marriage carries the power of redemption because it is supercharged by the promise of the Heavenly Father to make two hearts, two lives, into one. This combination, this one-two punch, is a life changer that goes beyond the border of our married life and sends this message.

"But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.'  'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one.  Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Mark 10:6-9

The message my bride sends me convinces me of His great love for me. The total faithfulness she demonstrates in our marriage has made 31 years more than an adventure.


It has been a joy ride…thank you “Love of my Life”, you have not only captured my heart… you have rescued it!

Comments

Popular Posts