Beach Musings - Steadfast

cartoon-jellyfish For the past two days our beach was under attack…well, it seemed that way. Thousands of baby jellyfish (harmless in baby form apparently) washed up on shore. At first we had no clue of what they were (never seen it in 20 years of coming here) and that fueled speculation of a chemical spill to alien invasions. A local marine biologist put those theories to rest and reminded us to relax and let the tides do their job.

The dying horde made the beach smelly, a bit slimly, (picture Jello on hot sand) and cautious parents uneasy about allowing swimming in the big blue. We would wait a day, for we know that the tides would eventually clean the shoreline. The tides are steadfast…predictable and they change the beach throughout the day.

“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23

I need the tide of God’s love washing over me, the daily purposeful expression of delight cleansing me. His mercies…leave me speechless. Facing a merciful, loving God first thing in the morning is a wonderful way to start the day.

Here at Hatteras the tides are steady, the shoreline is not. The tides change their look, sometimes drastically. I know the Father’s love is changing me for my good and the good of my family. The constant outpouring of His love is a relentless tide of commitment towards us. This steadfastness has true staying power, the “I am with you always” type.

That’s a word of security…one I need.

Blessings,
Jay

 

LiveJournal Tags: ,,

Comments

jasonS said…
Amen. The tide never changes...
Unknown said…
Thanks Jason, always appreciate the feedback!
JC
S. Etole said…
Your beach experience is blessing me, too ...

Popular Posts