"I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands." - Psalm 143:5

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dreams – Under Construction




While RETOOLED waits in another publisher's pile of submissions (praying that this experience is better than the last one) I thought I update you all on my dream list. I wrote about dreams quite a bit lately (here and here) so I figured I give you a small peek into what I think God is asking of me. All these "projects" is part of my larger dream of encouraging men in their roles of husband, father and brother. Oh, BTW...this is the short list.
  • Co-writing a book with my wife on marriage called "Spoken For"
  • Finishing up a book called "Passage"
  • Finishing a book called "Strategic Fatherhood"
But wait...there's more..
About a month ago I felt like God was asking me to start a new project. I foolishly asked God if He's taken a look at my list of projects lately...let's just say that I am really blessed that God has a sense of humor. The idea that God gave me was to do a devotional book for men...so I began to muse about the idea and wondering who would want another devotional book...specially one from me?
A few days later I was at a graduation party and a close brother, someone I respect and listen to, (one of my point men) said I should write a devotional book...that was all the confirmation I needed.
The book is called "Journey365: A Strategic Devotional for Men" It will be a journal as well as a devotional and yes...God help me please...365 days of encouragement.
I need your help (prayers) and your feedback. Here is the cover design (yes, I designed it) but I would like to ask a few questions. Would you please comment and give me your opinion...I would appreciate it! Oh, yes this is geared towards men but sisters your opinions are important to me as well.
365-1

1. How do you like the cover?
2. Do you use a devotional book along with the Bible?
3. What would you like to see in a men's devotional?



One more question…any dreams you’re working on that I can pray about?
LiveJournal Tags: ,,
blog comments powered by Disqus