"I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands." - Psalm 143:5

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Magnificent Seven

 

What greater blessing to give thanks for at a family gathering than the family and the gathering. ~Robert Braul

cookieclan2  
I am a father of seven, well, nine actually (lost two to miscarriage) but seven walking this planet. My small nation is comprised of five boys and two girls, ranging in age from 23 to 9…yes, that’s quite a range. For a dad, a large family poses various challenges to navigate.

Seven different cultures and languages to learn

Seven powerful personalities to discover

Seven characters to help mold and grow

Seven wonderful minds to help nurture

Seven souls to guard and protect

No wonder I’m tired

The juggling of seven distinct individuals into a unit that is for each other is quite a feat and one not for the fainthearted. My wife and I are daily dealing with the training of young children while coaching the decisions of our adult children…and guiding teenagers in between. It is a financial strain, a physical challenge, a spiritual wrestle and sometimes a nine ring (including parents) circus! It is all that and more…

It’s my family

It’s my blessing

The lives of my children are the seven best things that have ever happened to me. They have made me a better man and a better father than I ever dreamt I could be. Each one has stretched me, each son and daughter interaction has increased my heart and the love it contains. They have taught me about God, they have taught me about acceptance and they have brought me great joy.

I am the father of seven…and they are all magnificent!

del.icio.us Tags: ,,
blog comments powered by Disqus