Disturbing Steps


steps2 Since I shared a dream on Soulfari a few days ago (see Dreaming My Life Away here) I have been musing and seeking God on its total meaning for me. I’m not there completely yet but I think I found some steps to be “disturbed”, at least in a God thing way. For this to make any sense; you have to read the Dreaming My Life away post…otherwise; you might just think I am “disturbed” in another way.

So, last night during a prayer time with my pastor and his wife, I read these Scriptures from
Psalm 37: 3-9


(3) Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
(4) Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. (5) Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. (6) He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday. (7) Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass. (8) Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret—it only causes harm. (9) For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the LORD, They shall inherit the earth.

Here is what I thought as I prayed this morning….

When I trust in Him it disturbs my faith to rise up.
When I delight in Him, it disturbs my heart to fall deeper in love with Him.
When I commit my way to Him, it disturbs my direction and I find my way.
When I rest in Him, it disturbs my strife and I find peace.
When I cease from anger, it disturbs my resentment and I forgive.
When I wait on Him, it disturbs my restlessness and I linger in His presence.

Trust, Delight, Commit, Rest, Cease, Wait…and in the middle….He shall. In the middle of everything we go through, in the middle of every aspect of our life…He shall. What a disturbing thought…He shall!

He shall bring us to the place where we are free…Father God will finished
us off!

“And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” Philippians 1:6

I continue to ask Father God to disturb me…what about you?

Blessings,
Jay <><

LiveJournal Tags: ,

Comments

Bill (cycleguy) said…
Thanks Jay! This is absolutely my favorite passage of Scripture and verse 5 is he one i sign with my name in correspondence. I love the way David (or the psalmist, whichever fits) lays all this out so practical. And I love the way you have made it so personal. I am going through some soul searching right now and this is "what the doctor ordered." Thanks.
Jay Cookingham said…
Bill, I so appreciate your encouraging words. I'm praying that you hear the Father so clearly during your soul searching time!
Michael said…
All I can say is, "I'm in."
S. Etole said…
I needed to read this .... and will continue to do so. "He" shall ... yes.
Jay Cookingham said…
He shall....I'm sooooo glad for that!
Jay Cookingham said…
Amen Bro'...be disturbed!
Loren said…
Jay ~ This is awesome! I am going to print this off!! Such anointed words today! Thank you for sharing your disturbing moments with us ;)
Jay Cookingham said…
Thank you for your very kind words...I'm glad when God speaks and moves us so.
jasonS said…
This is powerfully written and powerfully prayed. I have no doubt it will also be powerfully lived out through you. I definitely join with your prayer. I'm ready to be more disturbed...
Jay Cookingham said…
Thanks my brother...I know I need the prayer to disturb me every moment!
Dusty Rayburn said…
My aim is to be fully trusting and committed to His Will in my life irregardless of whether or not it makes sense to me... So count me in...Disturb me God!
Jay Cookingham said…
That's a great goal bro'. A lot of this journey doesn't make "sense" in the natural but God works it all to His glory and our benefit! Thanks Dude!
Ike said…
It is the genius and beauty and wonder of God's redemption that the pursuit of the lost and the pursuit of God's glory are one pursuit.
Jay Cookingham said…
Absolutely amen on that one Ike!

Popular Posts