Do You See What I See?

 

Vision







“For the vision is still for an appointed time, but it speaks to the end, and it does not lie. Though it lingers, wait for it; because it will surely come. It will not tarry.” Habakkuk 2:3

“This vision-message is a witness pointing to what's coming. It aches for the coming--it can hardly wait! And it doesn't lie. If it seems slow in coming, wait. It's on its way. It will come right on time.” – The Message

Vision is all around us. Schools have vision for us, TV and movies do as well. Advertising, music all try to impose their vision on us. Sometimes, even the church will give it a try. Vision, to some, is a commodity…but not to God, its much more.

I have two thoughts I would l like to share…and I would love your feedback on them. Here they are.

The vision for your life goes way beyond what you do or where you go,
it’s all about who’ll you be for God.

Vision is imparted, but vision is also chosen. We often choose our paths by what we accept into our lives.

So, what do you think? What is vision to you? What do you see?


LiveJournal Tags:

Comments

jasonS said…
Great thoughts here, Jay. For us as Christians, I believe we have to have vision of Him first, otherwise our worship follows something or someone else. We also have to have right vision of the Bride, the Church. Then we can have the right vision for everything else in our lives and it will be right and pure. Very stirring today! Thanks so much.
Jay Cookingham said…
Powerful insight there Jason, appreciate your take. I agree, we need to have a right vision of Him and His Word...things really clear up then!
S Etole said…
Thank you for giving me something to ponder...that verse from Hab. has been on my heart for over 40 years.
Jay Cookingham said…
It's been on my heart for a long time too...amazing isn't it? Bless ya!
bill (cycleguy) said…
Saw this over the weekend Jay but didn't want to write some trite little response saying, "Good post" or something like that. Those two statements are rocking my world. I am still trying to process them in my mind and heart. I have always seen my vision as how i want/plan to accomplish my God-given mission. I am having seriously rethink that. In part because I am not sure the old way is working. :) Forgive me for stumbling as I write this. I find myself inadequate in doing so. Thanks for giving me something to ponder.
Dustin said…
Jay, these are very insightful thoughts. Thanks for sharing. For me it's a good reminder to take hold of God's vision for my life rather than something that something that I'm thinking will benefit just me personally.
Jay Cookingham said…
I appreciate your heart bro', I really do! I am still rocked by this as well...I love the challenge that God gives in both of those statements and I know He'll help us both in them! Bless ya bro'

Popular Posts