"I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands." - Psalm 143:5

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

10 Ways to be a Faithful Husband

 

“Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.” Ephesians 5:33

chris me 08 5 I absolutely love being married, of course having the perfect wife helps but I am so thankful that Christine decided to accept my proposal 28 years ago. This awesome adventure we share is a constant reminder that God is good and that marriage is good for me.

For sure there are more than ten ways to be a faithful husband but this is a small list included in my book (Retooled). Ponder over them and see if they speak to you…many are not radical or new…but I believe they are huge in importance. I also believe that I need to review this list constantly and make sure that it’s more than a list.

10 Ways to be a faithful husband

  1. Love your wife
  2. Guard your marriage (emotionally and physically)
  3. Pray for your marriage
  4. Remember the special days (anniversaries,birthdays)
  5. Be the spiritual leader of the home
  6. Avoid criticism (in fact…don’t!)
  7. Have regular date times
  8. Speak well of your marriage (in public as well as private)
  9. Encourage your wife (in public as well as private)
  10. Show and tell (how grateful you are you married her)

So my brothers…what do you think of my list? Want to add anything?

LiveJournal Tags: ,
blog comments powered by Disqus