“Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.” Ephesians 5:33
I absolutely love being married, of course having the perfect wife helps but I am so thankful that Christine decided to accept my proposal 28 years ago. This awesome adventure we share is a constant reminder that God is good and that marriage is good for me.
For sure there are more than ten ways to be a faithful husband but this is a small list included in my book (Retooled). Ponder over them and see if they speak to you…many are not radical or new…but I believe they are huge in importance. I also believe that I need to review this list constantly and make sure that it’s more than a list.
10 Ways to be a faithful husband
- Love your wife
- Guard your marriage (emotionally and physically)
- Pray for your marriage
- Remember the special days (anniversaries,birthdays)
- Be the spiritual leader of the home
- Avoid criticism (in fact…don’t!)
- Have regular date times
- Speak well of your marriage (in public as well as private)
- Encourage your wife (in public as well as private)
- Show and tell (how grateful you are you married her)
So my brothers…what do you think of my list? Want to add anything?