Giant Reptiles, Quotes and Scriptures...oh my!


pdthursdays-150x150

 

 

 

It's time for PDT (Pleasantly Disturbed Thursday) hosted and funded by Duane Scott, fellow disturbed blogger and friend (Read more here)

Those who know me and those getting to know me...ummm, "know" that I love quotes.Perhaps lesser known is that I like to mix quotes with Scripture and see if I can make a connection. I've included a few in my post today, hoping you are disturbed enough to maybe offer one of your own. Come on, give it a go! OH, as for giant reptiles...you'll have to scroll to the end of the post to find out.
Peace, Jay

“God is faithful; by Him you were called into companionship and participation with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1: 9

"Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
Rick Blaine-Casablanca

"God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea." Ps 46:1-2

"Good. For a moment there, I thought we were in trouble."
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)

"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds." 2 Cor 10:4

"Have fun storming the castle!" - MIRACLE MAX in The Princess Bride (1987)

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Clarity of mind means clarity of passion, too; this is why a great and clear mind loves ardently and sees distinctly what he loves." Blaise Pascal

"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. (7)
You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when
you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down,
and when you rise." DEUTERONOMY 6:6-7

"I have always said that a studious perusal of the sacred volume will make better citizens, better fathers, and better husbands." --Thomas Jefferson.

75px-F_C_07-04-2008_01%3B35%3B39PM[1]

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?"
- Vincent van Gogh

 

"Faithful are the wounds of a friend, But deceitful are the kisses of an enemy." Proverbs 27:6

Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty."  - Sicilian Proverb

Images via Wikipedia

giantreptile

LiveJournal Tags: ,

Comments

MichaelDPerkins said…
you had me at giant reptiles.
Jay Cookingham said…
LOL....my son Isaac loves them...maybe NOT that giant tho'
Trey Morgan said…
Love your blog.

Quotes have grown on me A LOT the past few years. At one time I wasn't real crazy about them, but now I'm a quote-a-holic. :)

Now if I could just get poetry to grow on me.

:)
Jay Cookingham said…
Trey, thanks bro'...I'm glad I (re) discovered yours today! I love quotes...and you can quote me on that! ;-0
Helenatrandom said…
Oh my... That cartoon is... SOMETHING@ :-)
Setole said…
I'm a quoteaholic ... and the way you've paired with them scripture is priceless ... I think my favorite is the Sundance Kid one ...
jasonS said…
That was great, Jay. Thanks for the big ol' smile. :)
Caryjo said…
Worth lots of grins and head shaking.
Herb Halstead said…
"I have always said that a studious perusal of the sacred volume will make better citizens, better fathers, and better husbands." --Thomas Jefferson.

love that one

my original quote for the day: "envy is the pride of fools"
Jay Cookingham said…
"envy is the pride of fools"....I like that...might have to steal it...;-0
Jay Cookingham said…
Hmmm, my family does that a lot with me...is it a good thing?
Jay Cookingham said…
Jason...no problem bro...thanks dude!
Jay Cookingham said…
Helen...I thought it would grab somebody's attention!
Jay Cookingham said…
Susan...that one and the Princess Bride are mine! Thanks!
Tony Alicea said…
You are so silly Jay. I love it! I'm a quote guy myself. How about this one:

"Misquotations are the only quotations that are never misquoted."
- Hesketh Pearson

Hahaha!
Jay Cookingham said…
You're cracking me up bro'...love that quote!

Popular Posts